Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, November 22, 2019

Friendship

It was a lovely day full of wonderful friendship moments.

While I was having my usual relaxing morning in bed, Adoring Husband kindly reminded me that I had arranged to visit Lady Lynn to drop off her birthday gift before she left for her trip away! So I jumped out of bed, sent her a text to be sure that she was still at home, made myself presentable, grabbed the gift and jumped on my trike to pedal quickly part way round the block see my lovely friend.

She is a sweet, kind, generous and humble human being with so much love in her heart. I used her birthday card to express how I felt about her and her friendship which made her quite emotional.

Soon, after some hugs, tears and a firm confirmation of her ‘obvious to everyone’ wonderfulness, we said our goodbyes and I pedalled off back home.

During our conversation, Lady Lynn had asked me if I was going to have coffee with the girls this morning. What I thought she was going to ask was “are you clubbing with the girls tonight?” So I answered her question before she’d finished speaking the words.

When I left she told me to offer her apologies for not coming to coffee.

My weird brain put 2 and 2 together and I realised that there was a coffee date happening that I wasn’t invited to, but which I’d said I was attending! 😳🤪

So I figured I should invite myself!

I sent a text to Rebel Mardi asking if there was a coffee date and she very generously and very immediately invited me. She picked me up and we picked up The Brains Trust from work and drove to our usual coffee haunt.

Thank goodness The Brains Trust was happy to see me too! There was just the three of us and it was sweetest two hours spent with two of my favourite people. It’s been a long time since I spent such quality time with Rebel Mardi and I thoroughly enjoyed the morning.

In between my visit to LL and my coffee date, I dropped in to see The Motivator to let her know that AH and I would set the training room up for the art workshop so she didn’t have to do it.

She was very busy with The Fisher King rearranging her work station. Quick hugs and a short chat before I rushed home to get ready for my coffee date.

Later, on the way to the club, I stopped in to the shop to see if I’d left a handbag there last week. It was after 4.30pm and TM was still there! More big hugs and another quick chat and after I’d pointed out that in my blingy platform shoes, I was taller than her 😁, I rushed off to the club arriving twenty minutes late.

It was a good night with a win on the pokies for me and lots of hugs with friends and some loud conversations in a noisy environment.

Luckily for me there was a single seat on the bus for me to come home at 7.30pm and AH had prepared dinner for us.

So it has been a really great day full of friends and hugs and conversations and laughs and tears.


I have to go into the shop super early in the morning because I never did get back to set the room up for the art workshop.

I’d best get some sleep!

Nite all

No comments: