Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, November 18, 2019

Movie Date

It was a slow start to our day, but we eventually got our act together and we left the house at about 9.30am.

We had a few things on our ‘to do’ list. None of them very interesting.

We visited the car yard to make some enquires about a couple of things with our car.

We went to the coffee drive through because it had been 28 hours since I’d had caffeine and my head was beginning to pound.

We went through a car wash. NOT the automated one. Adoring Husband decided to wash the car himself while I sat inside, baking slowly, like a pavlova!

We went to the movies earlier than planned to watch “Last Christmas”.

It was a nice movie with an unexpected twist. They’ve been hailing it as the next “Love Actually” but  I disagree. Even though it had my favourite actors from “Crazy Rich Asians”, it cannot compare to “Love Actually”.

If you’re wondering ... it’s worth seeing.

We came home but stopped at the butcher and the Post Office first.

It was too late to create anything interesting in my studio, but I wanted to do something, so I mixed all the colours for this month’s paint pouring challenge and created this ...



... nothing to be excited about, but when I get some good time in the studio, I know what I’m going to do and have set aside the canvases in preparation.

We had lamb cutlets and salad for dinner which was quick and easy.

Now it’s almost 11pm so I’d best get some sleep. Our coffee morning will be starting early tomorrow.

Nite all.


No comments: