Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, November 23, 2019

Another Day

We rocked up at the shop at 7.20am to set up the art room.

It took us 40 minutes to set up so I had a whole hour to kill before I could even open the shop! I was way too ambitious with my timing!

There were only two participants in the class and we created two pieces of art each, plus we dipped a canvas onto our excess paint that dripped on the table. I have no photos to show you in this post, but I should have some for tomorrow’s post.

For the first time in months, the class filled the entire 3 hours and the ladies were very happy with their outcomes. I even received a text tonight, thanking me for an enjoyable class. That feels good.

Adoring Husband and I sat down to a plate full of healthy nibbly goodness. I had guacamole dip with cucumber, pear, pineapple, mango, fresh mushroom, onion and cabanossi.

We watched a silly movie then spent an eternity changing the bedding and rotating our enormous mattress.

AH did some washing.

I cooked up some pork medallions filled with garlic butter for dinner and we had broccoli and carrot on the side.

It’s been quite a tiring day for me and I’m ready for bed.

Nite all.

No comments: