Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, November 24, 2019

Sabotage or Distraction?

For a Sunday, I was out of bed quite early.

It was around 9am!

I checked the pool water, but wasn’t inclined to enter for a swim.

The studio was calling to me but even though I entered with a few ideas, my heart wasn’t in it, so I got some fruit out of the fridge and sat with Adoring Husband in the lounge room.

My favourite Aunty on my Dad’s side, Jackie, lost her partner of 23 years to cancer yesterday and I had arranged to call her at noon, so I sat outside and gave her a call. She lost her beautiful 14 yr old dog last week and now her man.

She is 76 yrs young and while we have had regular contact through Facebook, this is just our 2nd phone call in 14 years. We last saw each other at my Mum’s funeral.

Today we talked about the possibility of her catching the train from Brisbane and visiting us next month. I really hope that this happens because we have the kind of relationship where time and distance means nothing. Our bond is strong and I would love to be the recipient of one of her bear hugs.

We chatted for about 45 minutes and reluctantly ended the call, to be continued another day.

At 2pm I had to go to The Happy Abode to meet one of yesterday’s workshop participants and hand over her artwork so that she could take them home to Brisbane on Monday morning.

She was so grateful for my willingness to accommodate her needs, that she brought me a lovely hand made gift to thank me!

Here are some photos of yesterday’s efforts ...













They turned out pretty well I think!

Tonight’s meal was chicken with mushroom sauce accompanied by carrot, broccoli and cabbage.

Adoring Husband and I are planning a round of golf early tomorrow morning so I’d best get some sleep.

Nite all.

No comments: