Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, November 28, 2019

It Has Arrived!

As I suggested yesterday, I DID get out of bed early and I DID go swimming before work!

The water was perfect and I didn’t even have to ease my way in. I swam some laps and did some exercises for about 30 minutes. It was a great way to start my day.

Adoring Husband opened the shop at 8.30am while I got my coffee and then he rushed home to wait for our furniture delivery.

Which arrived just before midday!

He put the dressing table together by himself so it was beautifully displayed by the time I got home.

I love it.

The shop was pretty quiet today, although I had visits from a couple of acquaintances who were in for a chat and the lovely Aggie dropped in too.

I took delivery of two boxes of new stock this morning and had it almost all priced and displayed by closing time.

We did a decent sized meat purchase from the butcher because he’s closed for renovations for 4 days starting Friday. The only trouble was that there was no room for the meat in the fridge, so my first 20 minutes at home was spent doing a long overdue clean out of our fridge.

Gross me out.

I put together a nice concoction of chicken, mushroom, onion, sweet potato and tomato for AH, which I served with broccoli and carrot. I had two bites of chicken with half an avocado, a mango and a tablespoon of my home made coleslaw.

I’ve consumed 2 litres of water today. I must be pretty dehydrated because I haven’t needed to pee all day at work! Note to self ... ‘Drink more water’

It’s 8.20pm and I’m in bed with AH snoring loudly beside me. My eyelids are feeling very heavy so I might be asleep myself very soon!

Thank God It’s Friday.

Nite all.
 

No comments: