Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, November 27, 2019

J.P.A.

J.P.A. = Jewellery Purchasers Anonymous.

That’s the new organisation under consideration in this house!

Our new dressing table is finally being delivered tomorrow, which meant I had no choice tonight, but to clear the old dressing table so that it could be moved out in preparation for the new one.

My jewellery fills these two cases ...


... and this case is absolutely packed tight with jewellery ...


... and there is more hanging on hooks in the w/i robe.

It took me about an hour to pack it all away and none of it is even sorted properly - that will be done before it goes to the new dressing table.

My red leather case, which is now 16 years old, is broken and needs replacing. A good jewellery case is hard to find!

So yes, I’m on a mission.

Meanwhile, today was a good day in the shop.

Our second last meditation for the year was a full house and full of fun as well as full of insightful discussions.

I created and ordered my 2020 calendar.

There were some lovely customers in for a chat too. Regular holiday makers as well as locals.

With an early start and a busy evening, I’m all done in and ready for bed. I might get up early for a swim before work tomorrow. That will be a fresh way to start the day!

Nite all.

No comments: