Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, November 26, 2019

Time Poor

Today, I felt like there weren’t enough hours to do all the things.

Adoring Husband was kind enough to open the shop and man it for the first 30 minutes while I enjoyed coffee with the girls.

Only four of us this morning with one feeling unwell and everyone else out of town, but as always, we enjoyed each other’s company and I was disappointed to leave early.

I had cleared off all the tables in the training room before morning tea and while I was out, AH folded them up and slid them into their storage positions.

Between selecting and editing photos for my 2020 calendar, taking delivery of some rugs and serving customers, the day was quite busy and I had to close a few minutes early to be able to make it to hooping classes.

AH had a Dr’s appointment so he couldn’t be his usual helpful self. Speaking of which, his tests came back clear of anything sinister, but we have a couple of minor issues to deal with. Nothing serious.

Hooping class was fun and I felt some of the golfing muscles twinging during that hour, but I wasn’t the only class member there today so it was giggly fun while the other lady tried to make up for missing two classes.

AH was home with time to spare so that he could collect me from hooping and we did some shopping  before driving home.

Before my body decided it had had enough for the day, I went straight to the kitchen and we were eating dinner by 5.45pm.

Tomorrow is an early one because of meditation and it’s already 10.30pm so I’d best move my butt to bed!


Nite all.


No comments: