Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, November 25, 2019

What Muscles?

Oh! ALL the muscles!!

Adoring Husband and I hit nine holes of golf this morning.

We hired a cart so it wasn't as strenuous as it would have been if we'd walked the course, but even climbing in and out of the cart approximately 50 times over that distance used muscles that haven't been used that repetitively for years ... if ever.




We didn't score on a card but kept track for each hole. Despite the fact that all the water hazards were almost completely dry, we both lost a couple of balls, but considering that I haven't played for six years and AH has only had a couple of rounds in that time, we both played pretty well!

We might make it a regular date.

Right now, however, I'm struggling to get in and out of the lounge chair!

When we got home, I changed into my swimmers/togs/bathers and jumped in the pool. I spent about an hour swimming a few laps and floating and afterwards relaxed on the outdoor lounge for about an. hour.

The weather was glorious with a nice breeze. A perfect 'laze by the pool' kind of day.

I prepared a late lunch and we watched some telly until, at 5pm, a live webinar about Art that I booked in to watch started. That went for an hour, but I wasn't very impressed.

For dinner, I had a salad of broccoli, micro greens, strawberry, onion, pear, cucumber, beetroot, mango, avocado and dressing. It was very nice and I think I might make that one more often.

Work tomorrow,  so I'm off for an early night and hopefully the muscles will settle by tomorrow afternoon when I have my final hoop dancing class for the year!

Nite all.  

No comments: