Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, November 17, 2019

Slack Saturday

I’m surprised to discover that I didn’t do a blog post on Saturday night!

It was a pretty good morning in the shop on Saturday and on the way home, Adoring Husband and I drove to the boat ramp to check on te fires across the river.

They looked like the wind might whip them up and you can tell by the chop on the water how windy it was ...


... luckily for us AND for the people from Woodgate and surrounding areas whose properties were threatened, nothing happened and AH and I returned that evening to see that there wasn’t even the soft glow of a dying fire across the river.

I got to bed early and slept for 3 hours until 12.30am when psychotic dog Jack woke me up to take him outside for toileting. I was able to fall straight back to sleep until 4am when AH, for some strange reason, decided to have a shower with what sounded like very heavy water!

Back to sleep from 4.30am til 6.30am.

I learnt a lot more about our endocannabinoid system, watching another 3 hours of the docu-series this morning. You’re going to hear about it, but not today.

The pool called to me so I changed into my swimmers/bathers/togs and swam 30 laps, did my exercises, floated and danced for about 90 minutes. I sat on the lounge for a while before coming inside to make lunch.

We watched the movie “Yesterday” which was quite enjoyable.

I cooked a lamb roast for dinner and enjoyed a smoothie for dessert. Cucumber, celery, apple, pineapple, strawberries, coconut water and iced water. Delicious.

It’s almost 10pm so I’m off to bed. AH and I have a movie date tomorrow!

Nite all.


No comments: