Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, November 15, 2019

Flare Up

Last night, after I finished the blog post, I took the dogs outside for their final pee before bed and I found this!


It was a little disconcerting and difficult to go straight to bed until I'd checked the QFES updates a number of times to make sure we were not in immediate danger.

This morning, the sky was still very smoky, but the fire was much smaller and here we were, feeling safe and believing that the worst was over.

When BAM!!


The sky became dark with thick brown and black smoke, there were planes with sirens, helicopters and fire trucks all over the place!

The wind had changed direction and strengthened and here we were in the danger zone again.

The Motivator took these photos (she took the video that I put on yesterday's blog post too!)



That lasted for about three hours until the wind changed direction again, which didn't reduce the danger, but DID clear the sky. As of this afternoon, things appear to have calmed somewhat ...


For the third night in a row, we are still with bags packed, ready to evacuate if necessary and we are currently on the "STAY INFORMED" list, which is our best status so far. They are still concerned that conditions could change at any time, so we are not completely in the clear.

While I was waiting for the fire to make a decision about how bad it wanted to get, I decided to do some art. Adoring Husband had to go into town for some medical tests, so I had the house to myself.







I'm quite happy with the results of this one and in this case, the real thing looks better than the photo.

Tomorrow is Saturday and I'll be working at The Happy Abode, so I'd best get some sleep.

Nite all.

No comments: