Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, November 13, 2019

One Extreme to the Next

My day has been both fabulous and scary.

It began with shopping and lunch with the girls at ‘Salt’ restaurant on the waterfront to celebrate a special birthday for Lady Lynn.

One of my favourite shops in The Bay is called Luxe. They sell the same brand of silk clothing as we do at The Happy Abode but their prices are MUCH higher, like 30% higher! They also have other beautiful clothes and I purchased a top and two Summery cardigans.

When we arrived at the restaurant, the original plan was to sit out on the deck, but the gale force winds soon blew us inside. We enjoyed delicious food and I selected freshly squeezed juice in place of an alcoholic beverage.

Much to Lady Lynn’s surprise, we presented a gift to her. She read the card and cried. She opened the gift and cried. She loved it and told us we were naughty. Our banter and cheekiness and laughter filled the room and we had such a good time together. I really enjoyed myself.


After lunch, I visited the gift shop nearby and introduced myself to the owner. When I told her about The Happy Abode, her eyes lit up and she told me that she had heard about us from a LOT of ladies and they always said amazing things about us. It was nice to hear.

We jumped in the car, drove to pick up my photos from the framer and then stopped at Eli Waters, initially for one of the girls to get something in Woollies, but while she was there the rest of us had to check out the dress shop.

More money was spent. We departed that shop feeling very happy ... still!

I checked my phone as we drove home to discover messages from Adoring Husband saying that he was hosing the grass roof of the Bali hut because there was ash floating across the river and that the town of Woodgate had been evacuated.

As we drove into town, we chose to go to the boat ramp to investigate the fire situation. This is what we saw.


The SES advised that they were concerned about the fire possibly crossing the river and we would have to evacuate, so that caused some concern.


We have packed the back of the car with all our important goods and chattels so if we get called out in the middle of the night, all we have to do is grab the psychotic dogs and go.



Right now, they’re hoping that the expected wind change will turn the fire back on itself and there are SES boats monitoring the river banks keeping an eye on everything. Fingers crossed that it pans out that way and everybody, along with their property, will be safe.

It’s quite scary!

We’ve had no dinner tonight.

Now it’s time for some trashy TV before bed.

Nite all.

No comments: