Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, November 12, 2019

Break Time

This post, I’ll give you a break from health education, except to say that today, I am feeling physically strong and pain free. I feel GREAT! Better than I have in a long time!

Strangely, I did not get to sleep until 2am on Tuesday morning and Psychotic dog Jack woke me at 5.05am. After I took him outside, I returned to bed and dozed on and off until 7.30am.

Even though I knew I was meeting the girls for coffee, I didn’t get out of bed until 8.45!

It took me 15 minutes to shower, wash my hair, put on my make-up, get dressed, gather my goods and climb in the car for Adoring Husband to drive me to my coffee date.

Everyone was already there waiting for Yours Truly. Two of the girls had to leave early so I didn’t get much time with them, but the rest of us yabbered on for another hour before visiting The Happy Abode for a little while.

After they left, The Motivator and I cleared the training room in preparation for meditation class on Wednesday. I chopped up some cardboard boxes, vacuumed the entire shop and emptied the bins ready for bin night before AH picked me up.

We planned on going into The Bay, but by the time we got ourselves organised, I remembered that I had to be back for hooping class and we didn’t want to rush the trip so we stayed at home.

I visited the new butcher in town and purchased some meat. We had marinated chicken wings for lunch, which were juicy and tender, then lamb cutlets for dinner with roasted cauliflower, sweet potato and Brussels sprouts. The lamb was divine. AH also cooked three of their “mongrel” sausages on the barbecue with the lamb.

Apparently they are a combination of meats and they too were very tasty. So at this point, we are very happy with the new butcher!

I started to clean some of the paint mixing cups in the studio so that I could return them to the shop, but I didn’t get very far because hoop time snuck up on me!

Again, I was the only one to turn up for hooping so lucky me got one on one attention and learned a few new tricks. I really must practice these tricks at home so that I can be more impressive in the next class!

I had a whole lot more energy and ease of movement today and I left the class with a bounce in my step instead of dragging one foot in front of the other like the last two weeks.

It was a great class.

This evening, I’ve enjoyed my Love Island trash TV and now I’m ready for bed.

Tomorrow we are having an early celebration of Lady Lynn’s birthday over lunch. I’m looking forward our day together!

Nite all.

No comments: