Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, November 14, 2019

Not Quite Over

It was a restless night for me.

We packed a bag each and put them in the back of the car ready for a quick getaway and went to sleep hoping that the fire would turn on itself as predicted.

The skies were clear when we woke and there was no sign of the fire, which was a relief, but as the day wore on, it flared up again and now we are on alert for a second night, and the bags are waiting at the back door, just in case!

I spent a lot of today cleaning dry paint out of 34 plastic cups and their lids to return to the shop tomorrow. Not an easy job considering how small and fragile the cups are, but I got it done and then cleaned my own cups and tools ready for my next stint of painting.

Trouble is, after 2 hours of cleaning, I didn’t have the energy to paint! I wasn’t sure what to paint, so I spent 30 minutes going through my bucket list of “art to try” and by the time I decided, my energy was not high enough to spend another 2 hours at the studio table mixing paints and then concentrating on the art - because I didn’t pick something simple from my list.

I had to make an early dinner because Adoring Husband was off to SES training tonight. Did I mention that he has decided to go back in an Admin role? Needless to say that there was no training tonight because some of the crew were out in the flood boat monitoring the river banks for runaway flames, so he wasn’t gone for too long.

My photography crystal lens ball arrived in the mail today!


I think I’m off to bed now and hope for a less restless night!

Nite all.

No comments: