Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, November 19, 2019

Done In

I’m sitting in my chair yawning my head off.

I’m totally done in and I’m ready for bed.

We had early coffee this morning, so I was there before 8.30am.

Nine of us were making a lot of noise so it was quite a rowdy morning. Almost everyone had appointments to go to so gradually, over the following 3 hours, our numbers dwindled until at 11.30am there were only three of us remaining.

I grabbed a couple of groceries before popping in to see The Motivator at the shop and we chatted for about half an hour before I pedalled home to have lunch with Adoring Husband.

By now it was after 1.30pm and I considered doing some art but realised that I had hooping class at 3pm. I didn’t want to have to rush through a piece, so I sat down to watch some cake baking on TV and then the beginning of A Star is Born.

Hooping was a heavy class with just me again. I like having the one on one attention but I would be so much better if I bloody well practiced! I always have good intentions, but the week goes so fast and before I know it, it’s hooping day again!

We practiced a few routines and just as I was getting into the groove and having some success, the class was over.

I came home, walked straight out to the pool to test the water, and discovering that it it was absolutely perfect, walked straight in, fully dressed!

I swam about 150 metres, did some stretches and floated for a good while.

I love that pool 💓

For dinner, I decided to make myself home made cream of mushroom soup, which was absolutely delicious. I prepped a salad for AH while he cooked his steak.

Now, I am absolutely exhausted.

I’m off to bed!

Nite all.


No comments: