Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, January 2, 2020

On Our Way

We are well on our way into the new year.

So far, my new year has included lots of time in the pool swimming laps, stretching, floating, meditating, singing and also relaxing under the Bali hut, reading, sketching and playing.

It doesn’t get much better than that.

This morning there were two Lewins Honeaters in the soursop tree beside the pool and a lizard about ten inches long dived into the pool with a splash and swam for his life right across to the other side and scrambled out into the pebbles.

Oh and I saved a bee from drowning 🤗

Lots of groups through the shop today and everyone was in party/holiday mode!

It made the day go quickly.

Adoring Husband took the car into The Bay for a service this morning, which meant that I had to ride my trike into a head wind to get to work. What is usually a six minute ride turned into a ten minute ride that felt like a 30 minute gym workout! I was very hot and sweaty by the time I arrived at the shop.

The Motivator spent the afternoon with her family in the training room where they all played with paints creating a number of fabulous pieces in all different colours.

I came home after work to watch some Greys Anatomy and then cook dinner with time to spare before the new Dr Who episode aired. AH was very excited about that! He says it’s the best episode yet.

Sad but true.





You’re off the hook today. No powers. No D and Ms. No blah blah blahs.

Light and breezy.

Nite all.

No comments: