Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, December 30, 2019

In Review

I feel like this year was very much less productive than the previous two years, which were worth bragging about!

I really only had three things on my list of goals for 2019.

  1. Get out and about more often with my camera - fail.
  2. Add to and improve on my book to sell in the shop - fail.
  3. Get started on creating an online course - not a complete fail.
What I learned this year is that it’s a difficult balancing act trying to fulfil your goals, study,  run a business, keep your household running efficiently, care for a partner with special needs and care for your own physical/emotional/spiritual needs.

Other circumstances had a bearing on all of that too!

So my top ten memories and/or achievements for 2019 are:

  • Visit from Bubbles and Knight in Shining Armour.
  • Purchasing the Bali hut, a toilet, a bedroom suite and plantation shutters for the front windows of the house.
  • Trips to Sydney for the Reed Gift Fair, to Brisbane for the Denise Duffield Thomas seminar and Montville/IKEA visit.
  • Learned hoop dancing, water colour painting class in The Bay, attempted lots of different acrylic art methods and created over 90 pieces.
  • Ran photography and art classes at The Happy Abode. Introduced lines of clothing to the shop. Created and sold postcards, cups and calendars.
  • Celebrated Bombshell’s first year of survival after her car accident and 3 x 70th birthdays.
  • Attended two local retreats.
  • Sold more than 20 large photographs and six pieces of art.
  • Survived two close bushfires, 7 weeks of plant based eating, 4 months of morning celery juice and 4 months without The Motivator.
  • Practiced meditation every single day and used other holistic healing avenues like kinergetics (taught to me by TM), continued mini journeys on myself on a regular basis (at least monthly), grounding, swimming, hooping, journaling for life and for gratitude, listening to audible ‘self care’ books and practicing my powers as taught by The Gypsy.
So the year wasn’t a complete loss and there’s plenty to be happy about and proud of. My minor health issues have eased considerably and even though AH had a few hiccups with his health, all things considered, he too is doing well.

We’ve taken full advantage of our beautiful pool area and created our happy place in our own back yard.

We have much to look forward to in 2020.

Our 10th wedding anniversary, my 60th birthday, road trip with Beautiful Girl With Long Blonde Hair, AH will be releasing his Mum’s ashes on south coast of NSW, hopefully there’ll be a visit from Chicklet, 2nd celebration with Bombshell ... all of that in the first four months!

Tomorrow, I’ll tell you about the word I’ve picked for 2020.

Now it’s time for bed because I have a coffee date in the morning and then work in the afternoon.




Nite all.

No comments: