Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, February 18, 2020

Counting Sleeps

Two more sleeps til Bubbles arrives.

Five more sleeps til Adoring Husband takes me on our early anniversary celebrations.

I'm looking forward to the next three weeks having some alone time with Bubbles and with AH.

AH and I haven't had a holiday (or any time) together since 2012 so this is going to be fabulous.

There will be a lunch with friends, dinners in classy restaurants, a river cruise, markets, shopping, IKEA, a night at the races, walks on the beach and maybe a visit to Montville.

Even though I feel exhausted just looking at that sentence, it's going to be great.

Today started very nicely having coffee with the girls and it was almost midday before I got home.

I'd bought a couple of pineapples so I peeled and chopped them up for freezing. I made up smoothie packs to freeze. Some with fruits and some with veggies. Now there are about 20 packs of fresh frozen food for blending.

AH made up dog food for psychotic dogs Jack and Colli while I did some art in my room.

We watched our usual quiz shows in the late afternoon and had an easy dinner.

The water in the pool is too warm for me to enjoy swimming, which means that it's been about 5 days  since I had a swim! We need another big heavy storm to cool down the water.




I'm working in the morning which means I have to be up bright and early for meditation so I'd best get some sleep.

Nite all.

No comments: