Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, February 18, 2020

Not My Fun Day

Sunday was not my fun day.

My ‘to do’ list included:

  • 3 loads of washing
  • Clearing off the dining table (which was home to a month’s worth of dumping)
  • Making up and batching 10 days worth of dog food for psychotic dog Ruby who is on a diet of kangaroo and veg
  • Clearing the rear bedroom in preparation for Bubble’s visit this week
  • Culling approximately 60 recipe books from the book case
Not a big list but quite time consuming and not at all enjoyable.

I made up for it today (Monday) by staying in bed until dinner time.

I watched a LOT of YouTube videos to determine what to teach in this Saturday’s class and have decided on what is called “chameleon” cells...


I would have practiced today but my studio is, once again, too messy to work in. It doesn’t take much to mess it up. In fact it takes 20 minutes of art to make 2 hours of clean up time. Ya gotta hate that.

My food intake is still on track and my tummy has been super happy for 8 days straight.

I’m looking forward to coffee with the girls tomorrow and it’s already well after midnight so I’d best get some sleep!



Nite all.

No comments: