Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, February 7, 2020

Getting My Art On

I had a very pleasant day at the shop today.

Not a lot of sales, but strangely there were four different groups that came in at different times, each with one or two men who wanted to have long and detailed chats about art and photography while their friends and partners wandered through the shop!

It’s not unusual for a man to want to chat about such things, but four in one day is VERY unusual!

I spent most of the day setting up the training room for our art workshop on Saturday and even had time for a little practice ... I didn’t take a photo.

Two things to share today.

A dust storm rolled into Griffith on Wednesday evening ...





I remember them well. Close your windows every time you go out because you never know when these buggers are suddenly going to appear and whip red dust through your house! Made that mistake once ... only once!

This is the original track of the cyclone that’s going to form, but apparently it’s going to go even further south and northern NSW will be in the firing line.


I headed to the club tonight and had another nice win on the pokies which will pay for my Goddess Fortuna statue that I ordered through Tinkerbells today.


She is going to bring even more good fortune into my life!

Now I’m off to bed so that I can be fresh for art tomorrow.

Nite all.

No comments: