Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, February 4, 2020

Low Energy Day

As promised, this morning during coffee with the girls, I said I would post this advertisement from the Super Bowl starring Jason Momoa.



Apart from a brief visit with The Motivator when she read my Tarot cards beautifully, I have done nothing else of note today.

My day actually began on a sad note when I read my brother’s blog where he described the day that he found our mother after she had suddenly and unexpectedly passed away in 2005. It triggered me big time and I lost my breath and fell apart briefly but uncontrollably.

I had to work hard to stop that from setting the tone for my day and it was pure good luck that the next part of my day was having morning coffee with the girls which lifted my spirits.

There was a nap at 4pm.

I made a salad and a peppery mushroom sauce for Adoring Husband’s steak that he cooked on the barbecue.

I made myself a simple smoothie of frozen pineapple, mango and a little bit of leftover watermelon from the fridge all blitzed with coconut water.

MAFS is on TV as I write this and I hope to be asleep early so that I can attend meditation in the morning.

Look at this cuteness!


There’s a bit of rain heading in this direction and they’ve forecast somewhere in the vicinity of 100mm over the next few days so things should green up in the area.

I’ve also got a farewell lunch to attend tomorrow. Hopefully it’s not too wet for that or we’ll be traipsing through mud from the car to the club!

Here’s hoping I have some extra energy tomorrow.

Nite all.

No comments: