Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, February 10, 2020

Bug Off!

This is the second tummy bug I’ve had in less than seven weeks.

This one was worse and really took a lot out of me. I’ve slept the second day away and still feeling pretty weak. I can’t get enough fluids into me and my tummy protests when I try.

I gotta focus more on my diet and health. I’ve been very lazy and neglectful in that regard.

Time to start loving myself like my life depends on it! Which is also the name of a book that I read before the tummy bug hit me!

I missed out on lunch with the girls today too and I was really looking forward to that. Only four of the six of us ended up going for lunch and shopping.

The art class on Saturday was a big success. I forgot to get a group photo, but here are some of the work they all did ...









Obviously my body knew that something was coming on because I went to bed early on Saturday night and stayed in bed all day Sunday until all the action started during Sunday night. I was so sick I didn’t once look at the clock, so I don’t know when it started, but the action finished at about 8am this morning. I know that time because Adoring Husband left for golf then.

So rather than give you any more juicy details, obviously there is nothing else to talk about except the beautiful rain that has been falling heavily in patches every day.

I hope that tomorrow I will be well enough to meet the girls for Tuesday morning coffee. Wish me luck.

Nite all.

No comments: