Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, February 13, 2020

Storm Free

Finally.

A storm free afternoon so that I could go for a swim!

Because of all the recent rain, the pool is extremely full with a crispy cool edge to the water. Just the way I like it!

I swam for about 30 minutes and then sat under the Bali hut for another 30 minutes.

I tested out some new insect repellant candles that I bought online from Settlers. They worked a treat! No midgie bites and I was outside until 5pm! Impressive!


Here is the website if you’re interested. Settlers

Look who turned 9 today!! She called ME at work this morning with FaceTime and even though there was a customer in the shop, I sang happy birthday very loudly and very badly. God I miss her so much and it has been FOREVER since I got to hug her.

Happy birthday to my amazing Chicklet 🥰😍🥳


It was a slow and steady day in the shop. I paid a bill and created the three ads for the newsletter - it’s been a while since I actually sent the ads through on time so I’m kind of waiting for the walls to crash in!

I filled my belly with healthful delicious food all day. Food diary:

Breakfast: 1/2 sml tub plain coconut yoghurt with chopped banana and 6 raspberries. Coffee.

Lunch: 6 baby cos lettuce leaves filled with 1 avocado smashed with tuna, onion, lemon juice, salt and pepper.

Dinner: 1/2 Peking duck breast with 1/2 head of broccoli (steamed and tossed in grass fed butter), grilled mushroom and a hash brown. Coconut ice cream for dessert.

1 litre of water all day. I need to improve on that.

So this is how I’m going to be accountable for my food intake - you have no choice but to tolerate the addition of my food diary to each blog post.

It’s almost 11pm and I’m in bed, but now it’s time to sleep 💤

Nite all.

No comments: