Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, February 11, 2020

Recovery

I was feeling well enough to enjoy Tuesday morning coffee with the girls.

Before that, Adoring Husband and I cleared the training room at the shop in preparation for meditation on Wednesday morning and I packed away all the washed art tools that were piled high on the kitchen sink.

Even though the weather was warm and steamy, coffee with the girls was enjoyable and lasted til about 11am. Aggie was kind enough to give me a lift home so AH was surprised to see me walk through the door.

I made myself a smoothie with cucumber, celery, apple and baby spinach whichtided me over for lunch.

Truth be told, I was too nervous to put real food in my tender tummy for fear those dreaded cramps returning!

At 3.30pm I attempted 6 rice crackers with avocado mashed with lemon.

It had been almost 48 hours since I’d eaten solid food and thankfully it did not result in any pain.

I made myself a small meal of chicken, mushroom and spinach cooked in my bone broth. I only ate half of it and all was calm on the belly front.

I think I’m in the clear!

Chicklet’s dragon finally got finished today. Unfortunately, due to my illness, I didn’t finish it in time for her to receive it before or on her birthday, but better late than never. It isn’t as good as I’d planned and in the end it was quite rushed, but I think she’ll like it.


If I want to attend meditation in the morning, I’d best get some sleep!

Nite all.

No comments: