Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, February 12, 2020

Woeful Five

Our trivia team is called the Fab Five.

Tonight we were the woeful five!

I believe we came second last. This is the second time we’ve done that. Even last place wins some chocolate!

For many reasons, none of us were really on point tonight.

Ah well, perhaps next month will be a better one for us.

I woke at 6am and lay in bed considering whether to attend meditation or not. In the end I decided that the benefits were worth making the effort. I was right and I’m glad I went.

Afterwards, I grabbed a coffee before sitting, very briefly, with some of the meditation ladies while they finished their coffees and while I waited for Adoring Husband to pick me up.

With a trip into The Bay on the cards, we stopped for me to have a quick change into some presentable clothes and off we went.

First stop, Office Works. I 💕 love 💕 Office Works. You know that.

Second stop, Tinkerbells. I 💕 love 💕 Tinkerbells. My Goddesses of Fortune had JUST been delivered that morning, so even though I was only stopping by to pay a deposit, I was actually able to pay for them and take them home!!


I also bought this beautiful pendant ...


And put this one on layby.


I had made enquires about this one way back in August last year, so I was pleased that it was still in the shop. It was obviously meant to be! It’s an Aqua Aura Quartz.

Third stop, Aquavue for a delicious lunch of garlic prawns and a watermelon frappe.

Fourth stop, Stocklands, for a small grocery shop.

Fifth stop, Craignish to pick up our FROG box (organic fruit and veg that we order every week).

Arrived home at 2.30pm. Took forever to unpack everything because of course I had to slowly browse through all of my lovely purchases and soak it all in.

Then I remembered trivia, so the race was on to prepare dinner and make ourselves presentable for a night out.

Tomorrow is a work day and it’s already 11.30pm so I’d best get some sleep.

Nite all.

No comments: