Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, April 2, 2020

Grounding for Immunity

Grounding or earthing for good health and building strong immunity.

This is my favourite form of healing and maintaining good health.

When I’m outside in the back yard or down on the beach, I never wear shoes or thongs.

In general, and I’m not sure why, people believe they are ‘protecting’ themselves by covering up from head to toe when in actual fact they are preventing the natural environment from giving them life forces that can can heal and strengthen them when they are outside.

Sunshine and Vit D is an excellent example but I’ll save that for another day.

There is a lot of scientific data proving that grounding is incredibly beneficial to our health.

Even the government has created a 24 page booklet explaining the benefits! You can read it here

Some of the benefits include improving sleep, reducing chronic pain and speeding the healing process.

This 3 minute YouTube video explains it very nicely!

“Grounding” is the latest wellness trend

So while we are self isolating, our front or back yards are the perfect places to do some grounding. Sit on the grass with bare feet and place our palms on the grass too. Ten minutes is fine and provides some benefits. 45 minutes has proven most beneficial.

When you’re gardening, do it in bare feet. It’s even nice to go without gloves some of the time - bacteria in the soil is also amazing for our gut health (I’ll save that for another day too!) - as long as we practice social distancing, we are allowed to walk on the beach so try some grounding there too. Ankle deep in the cleansing sea water is wonderful!

Did anyone do their breathing exercises today? I’m onto my second day and I’ve noticed that whilst I feel energised and motivated to do more - it doesn’t change or influence my strong aversion to the many household chores that I regularly avoid haha.

I guess I need to research a natural way to learn how to enjoy the crappy jobs in life!

Also, I slept for 8 solid hours last night! I wonder if the breathing contributed to that? That’s something else to monitor.

My aim for today is to

  • Hand wash my delicate silk blouses (I have 5)
  • Change the bedding
  • Choose which crappy art piece to embellish and begin.
  • Watch some more Grey’s Anatomy
A short list is much more manageable and less daunting - besides there are still a LOT more days remaining in self isolation!

This morning I was in bed and, as per usual, Adoring Husband brought my coffee in. I brought it to my mouth to drink it and the lid popped off and spilt hot coffee all over me!

Luckily I was lying partway over my body pillow, so the coffee splashed over the pillow and my white (ugh) pyjama top and some onto my bottom half. None landed on the bed ... whew!

Much bad language also ‘poured’ from my mouth!

What a way to start the day! It can only get better from here right!?

Later at the end of the day ...

Ok so the only thing on my very short list that I actually did was watch more of Grey’s Anatomy!!

I made some chicken and vegetable fritters for lunch with a roasted capsicum, ginger and lime relish.

That’s about it!

It has still been a most enjoyable day!




Enjoy your Friday - I hope you’ve created your own special “happy hour” to replace Friday night raffles. Replace an old routine with a new routine.

I’m going to play free poker machines online while Adoring Husband cooks the usual chicken wings for dinner. I may even drink a vodka and tonic while I play ... not too different from a usual Friday night! I wonder if I should dress up for the occasion?

Nite all.

No comments: