Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, March 30, 2020

Day 8

This is day 8 for us in self isolation.

This does not bother me one tiny bit.

Adoring Husband suggested tonight that we work our way through our DVD collection, from beginning to end in exactly the order that they sit on the shelves.

That’s approximately 500 DVDs - some of them are series like, Friends, Sex and the City, Will and Grace, ER, Grey’s Anatomy, Batman and Robyn (the original series), The Big Bang Theory, Ally McBeal and more.

I doubt that we’ll be in isolation long enough to get through all of that, but it’s worth a try!

Today was a lazy day.

We had to get a few groceries from the local supermarket and pay our annual PO Box fee so while we were there, we watered the plants in The Happy Abode. That all took about 20 minutes.

I reheated last night’s leftover lasagne and served it with salad and garlic bread for our lunch.

We spent the afternoon binge watching “100 Humans” on Netflix which was very interesting.

Not much else happening on the home front - just like everyone else.

Oh we planted a spike from a Dragon Fruit plant about a year ago and it has produced its first fruit!


Off topic, I’ve noticed that we have a LOT of baby toads in our back yard. It might be tome to get the Dettol out.



Nite all.

No comments: