Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, April 4, 2020

Comparisons

Each year, up to 5 million people worldwide catch the seasonal flu.

Each year, between 250,000 - 650,000 people die from the complications of seasonal flu.

In the space of three months, these are the current statistics for Covid 19.


The WHO website only provides death statistics with percentages, as do most government websites. It’s tough to find actual numbers anywhere.

While I am following the rules and self isolating and making sure we are sanitising and wearing gloves in busy supermarkets (which we’ve shopped at only once in 5 weeks) I am still struggling to understand why this is more severe than the seasonal flu.

I’m no expert so all I can do is go against all my instincts and accept the information that the “powers that be” are feeding me.

I continued with my breathing exercises today(day 3).

Physically, I feel quite strong with slightly easier movement.

Mentally, I feel some clarity and don’t seem to be losing my words or stumbling over them during conversations.

I still  don’t feel motivated or enthusiastic about going through my ‘to do’ list though. I’d much rather  binge watch a TV series or go for a swim or research on my iPad or listen to an Audible book.

Maybe that will change after a few more days.

Maybe I prioritise differently to everyone else and I should enjoy my priorities instead of feeling guilty that they are different to everyone else’s. 😳

Anyway tonight I am giving us a break from immunity boosting. Instead, I’ll share my gratitude 🙏

I’m grateful for the technology that keeps me connected to my friends and family, provides distractions when I need it and helps educate me on any given subject.

I’m grateful for friends and family who care enough to check up on me during this world crisis.

I’m grateful for the beautiful weather that we are experiencing and the feeling of warm sunshine on my face.

I had a three hour phone call with my sister on Thursday night. We said goodbye after 12.30am and Adoring Husband woke up at the same time. He took some medication and I made him breathe in some “sleep deeply” essential oil. He fell back to sleep straight away but snored like a trooper for the next 90 minutes!!

I tried essential oil and two different meditations but nothing could drown out that reverberation!!

It was almost 3am the last time I looked at the time. I slept until 8 am.

It’s now almost midnight and he is sleeping quietly so I should take this opportunity to sleep myself!






Nite all.

No comments: