Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, March 29, 2020

Still in Isolation.

Yesterday I was grateful for:
  1. A quick uneventful trip into The Bay.
  2. A power bill that was lower than expected.
  3. Finding the perfect essential oil to help Adoring Husband’s heavy chest.
Today I was grateful for:
  1. Some quality time in the kitchen to prep meals for freezing.
  2. A brief but enjoyable swim in the pool this afternoon. 
  3. YouTube for educating me in all the natural ways to improve our health.
I did not vote today. I boycotted because I didn’t want to risk picking up the virus or risk passing on the virus. I don’t know if I have it. I don’t know if I’m a carrier. I don’t know if the person who would have used the booth before me had the virus. I don’t care and I wasn’t going to risk it because Adoring Husband has a compromised immune system right now and his health is more important than me voting.

So far, my family are all doing ok.



There are lots of fun things happening in Facebook because people have nowhere else to go and they’re creating silly tasks for their friends to try. This was one of them ...


A photo of you as a child beside a current photo of you.

There’s still a long way to go in this self isolation thing. It will be interesting to see what people come up with next.

It’s after midnight again!

Nite all.

No comments: