Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, March 29, 2020

Early Mark

I thought I’d try for an earlier night tonight.

Four nights in a row sleeping after 1am which means I’m waking later every morning and this is not a good habit to get into because I’m sure that one day in the not too distant future, I’ll have to return to work! (Fingers crossed)

See, I began typing this 45 minutes ago, at 9.40pm and was distracted by psychotic dog Jack. It’s now 10.25pm.

I was a little bit productive today.

I finally got some washing done. Cooked up a lasagne. Froze the chicken broth. Tidied up the art room. Posted some silly stuff on Facebook. Watched “Self Made” on Netflix.

The spread of Covid 19 has caused the Australian govt to up the anti ...


... now everyone over the age of 70 must stay indoors ...


I must say that I’m enjoying self isolation. It’s not difficult. I have lots to keep me occupied as well as  a lot that needs to be done around our home. I also have a lot of procrastination tools so it will be really interesting to see how well I can use these tools over such a long period of time to avoid all the necessary chores.



Ok I’m off to bed. Now!

Nite all.

No comments: