Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, May 19, 2020

Missing in Action

Yes I have been absent for a couple of days.

I’ve had information overload with all of my researching about COVID 19 and the people in control of the info we receive, the same handful of people in charge of every global organisation - the tangled web of connections, financial investments, scientific funding, cover ups, pandemic planning, information flooding, financial pledges, panicked censorship, fear mongering etc etc etc.

It’s overwhelming and intriguing and time consuming and I can’t even figure out how to share it in small packages here to help you understand.

I know that I will never read another newspaper or watch another news or current affairs program again. I doubt that even 5% of it is real, honest or factual. Intellectual manipulation at best.

That’s all I have to say on that matter in this post.

Saturday was a fabulous day in the shop. Very busy and very happy for both The Motivator and I. The morning passed quickly and joyfully.

Adoring Husband and I enjoyed some fish and chips from the newly opened local cafe and spent the afternoon and evening watching Grey’s Anatomy. I’m now halfway through series 16 which is the current series being shown on free to air TV.

COVID 19 prevented the final four episodes from being made for this series, so it’ll be interesting to see how they remedy that.

I spent Sunday morning in bed and we decided to cook up our main meal for lunch so I climbed out of bed for that.

I have certainly not done anything productive around the house for the entire weekend!

Today (Monday) I remained in bed until dinner time! I’ve written pages and pages of notes, taken numerous screen shots of graphs, stats, lists of directors, committees and board members of various organisations, saved videos of speeches from conferences, events and seminars all made by people who hold positions of power..

I need to take a couple of days off from the research because my brain and my eyes are hurting!

I’m SOOOOO looking forward to coffee with the girls tomorrow. Our local seating area has opened up to the public again and there are currently zero active cases of COVID 19 in the Wide Bay. It will be good to sit face to face with my friends again!





Time for me to sleep because it’s 1.30am!!

Nite all.

No comments: