Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, May 21, 2020

Shopping Day

I saw The Garden Guru wandering around the shopping centre today, but The Brains Trust was nowhere to be seen! I suspect she may have been in a ladies fitting room trying on clothes 😆

This was my purchase today (the top) ...


And I put this watch on layby...


I’m not usually a rose gold gal nor am I usually a ‘bee’ gal, but this called to me and I’ve been searching for a good watch for forever! My last good watch is now 16 years old and on its last legs.

We did food shopping at Go Natural and Coles. I purchased paper bags with handles from HBW. I found a silver cleaning cloth at the jewellers for our silver at The Happy Abode. We found our favourite Ginger and Lime Balsamic dressing at Nana’s Pantry.

It was crazy in The Bay today. The traffic was busy everywhere and it was impossible to practice social distancing because there were too many people in Stocklands.

We discovered that our accountant has disappeared from the planet. We do have a post office box number for them so at least we can send them our signed paperwork!

I got myself a Boost Juice and Adoring Husband bought a coffee at the drive through on our way out of town.






I’m working tomorrow so I’d best get som sleep. This day really wore me out!

Nite all.

No comments: