Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, June 9, 2020

Happy Day One

Roz’s Happy Place had a very successful first day!

Adoring Husband and I arrived at the shop at about 8.20am to do some clearing, tidying and vacuuming before the girls arrived for morning tea.

My desk was still piled high with all the ‘stuff’ that we couldn’t find a place for over the weekend and the training room was still scattered with bits and pieces. The floors needed another quick vacuum. The fridge needed to be cleared because The Motivator was selling it and the main display table needed some tidying up.

All of that was completed by the end of the day.

I also unpacked the small box of stock that arrived yesterday and put it out for display.

The Motivator arrived late in the morning to prepare her fridge for pick up and her buyers not only bought the fridge but ended up spending a LOT of money in the shop which made me very happy!

The beautiful carved whale has finally left the building and I’m assured it has gone to a very loving and happy home.


Adoring Husband helped me tidy up the training room from morning tea so that I could set out the seats according to the isolation rules for meditation tomorrow.

Don’t get me wrong, there is still much to do, but my list is getting shorter and the pressure is easing. I’ve completed 14 of the 27 big items listed.

I am still physically and mentally tired from establishing this new business and rearranging almost the entire shop & stock. Thank goodness for Adoring Husband who has, as always, been my champion.

I’m hoping that by the end of the month, my list will be complete, and I can settle into a more gentle routine. I know that I’ll have to be mindful of my self care in the coming weeks so that I avoid burnout.



I really need an early night and some sound sleep so that I can be up bright and early, feeling light and breezy for meditation in the morning.

I am off to a good start! Business is good!

Nite all.

No comments: