Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, June 12, 2020

Got Stuff Done

Even though there were a lot of people through the door, it was the quietest of my sales days this week.

I had a few visitors in for a chat and a couple of people whose art/craft I have on consignment, a couple of solo males came through too!

Adoring Husband pointed out the fact that the caravan park is now beginning to fill up. That’s great for the town!

In between all of that, I sorted through some art works to decide what to display and rearranged some of the photos.

I ticked some things off my list:

  • I created the first advertisement for the local newsletter which will begin publishing again in August.
  • Designed new business cards, stickers, small signs and gift certificates.
  • Emptied the old bank acct ready to close it.
  • Activated my new business bank account card.
  • Ordered something for a customer.
  • Cancelled old details with some supplier websites and created new accounts with them.
So I was fairly productive today and my ‘to do’ list is reducing rapidly - although I need to make a new one for all the ideas that AH keeps coming up with!

The day passed quickly and I think I’ll increase my hours next week.

I like the idea of being open 9am - 2pm. It still leaves plenty of time in the afternoons to get other things done at home or drive into The Bay with AH. There is also the option to run classes in the afternoons if necessary.

When I got home, I had to bathe Ruby’s eye and administer drops before sitting down and doing a few more bits and pieces for the shop.

Tonight, I cooked up the green chicken curry that I didn’t do on Wednesday night and we’ve been watching the footy. I’m doing well in the tipping comp and have three from three correct so far.




Turmeric paste is excellent for dogs with arthritis and eases the symptoms of most conditions.

I’m in bed with my sleepy tea beside me and ready for some deep sleep now.

Nite all.

No comments: