Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, June 11, 2020

Progress is Made

I love Adoring Husband.

Sometimes his constant questions are as annoying as all hell but generally speaking, he’s the best man on the planet for me. His unending support and his willingness to pitch in and do all the little things really takes the pressure off.

He’s a legend.

Today was busy in the morning and quiet in the afternoon, which gave me the opportunity to finish my new logo ...


... now to create new stickers, business cards, information cards, adverts for the newsletter, signs etc

I’ve ticked off a further three items from my ‘to do’ list, which helps me feel like I’m making some ground.

I love my happy place. It feels peaceful and light. As tired as I am, I still love walking through the door in the mornings and I enjoy spending my days there. I hope that feeling never changes.

This afternoon, Adoring arrived to take over the shop so that I could leave ten minutes early for a late lunch with The Motivator. TM was late so he didn’t have to cover for that long but for a while he thought he had to be there until 3pm! At 2.15pm he realised he could close the shop and go home.

What a dill 🥴

TM and I lunched at Dayman’s General Store and we both had a Mai Thai Bowl with fish cakes (vermicelli noodles, spring onion, fresh tomato, coriander, mint leaf, peanuts, green beans, sprouts, carrot, cucumber, lime dipped in poppy seeds, three fish cakes and Thai sauce).

That was accompanied by a Detox Hydrator - watermelon, apple, cucumber, lemon and celery ... followed by a pear and ricotta tart with vanilla ice cream.

My body was thanking me throughout the entire meal. It was all so fresh and nutritious and tasty.

We took our time over the food, but I was so hungry, I didn’t do much talking!

Afterwards we went for a walk at Dayman Park which was lovely. The weather was perfect but we were both wearing heels which made some of the terrain a bit tricky. Stupidly we decided to take the stairs back up to the car.

There must have been 25 steep steps! We were both puffing and panting by the time we reached the top step and commented on how unfit we were. We also agreed that now would NOT be a good time to have a heart attack considering we are both attempting to establish new businesses and have exciting times ahead of us!

We survived.

We returned to Dayman’s because we forgot to purchase some of the oils and hand cream that we wanted. They also had Turmerix for sale.

The drive along the foreshore was a nice way to start our return trip home and TM dropped me off before 5.30pm.

It was a lovely afternoon.


I’ve had some sleepy tea and now it’s time to sleep.

Nite all.

No comments: