Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, June 10, 2020

Full House

It was a good crowd for meditation and it was a really deep class getting right in to the nitty gritty of our psyche. This really challenged some, while others eagerly learned a lot about themselves and others thrived on the experience.

I love these classes.

Afterwards, as the ladies left, they went out of their way to find me and express their gratitude.

It was nice.

The Gypsy stayed for a little while afterwards and we talked about the class, her YouTube channel and caught up on life. I like spending time in her peaceful presence.

Adoring Husband drove into The Bay and purchased a replacement bar fridge and a step ladder for the shop.

I used my printer for the first time and it worked like a charm. I received my first square reader payment in my new account.

It was a busy day so I didn’t get anything ticked off my list and by the end of the day, I was done, but I had to bathe psychotic dog Ruby when I got home and THEN I got to sit down and take a break.

We had a very early, very light dinner and are in bed early too.

I’ll be pleased when I’ve completed my ‘to do’ list and can settle into a comfortable routine.


Now I’m going to attempt to sleep through AH’s snoring. Tonight may be the night I concede defeat and sleep in the back bedroom.

Tomorrow I have a late lunch date with The Motivator. I’m looking forward to some good food and having some social time with TM.

Oh and isn’t this rain lovely?! 🥰

Nite all.

No comments: