Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, June 8, 2020

Wearing Down

It was a fairly slow start to the day, which was nice, and I was picked up at 11am for my belated birthday lunch date with some of my girls.

We ate at Aquavue.

Our table was half in the sun and half in the shade which made it quite uncomfortable for three of us because even though it’s Winter, this is Queensland! It’s ALWAYS Summer in Queensland!

We couldn’t move our table because of social distancing rules.

Also, I think the food was a little disappointing by Aquavue standards. The service was haphazard and the food and drinks came out at inconvenient times and not per our requests.

Luckily, the company was fabulous!


By the time we got to Stocklands, I could feel my energy levels dropping and I knew that Sunday’s work effort was catching up with me.

My purchases for the day were a beaded necklace, a colourful triple bracelet and a phone cover.


In seventeen years, I’ve never damaged a phone screen ... until now. The damage is minimal and the screen isn’t even cracked, but I decided that a protective cover was a must.

We left The Bay around 3pm and were all home by 3.30pm.

My plan when I left home in the morning was to have the day with the girls then spend the afternoon finishing up at the shop, but by the time I got home, I just had nothing left and I attempted to convince Adoring Husband that I didn’t want to go anywhere.

Unfortunately, there was stuff that just had to be done today otherwise I wouldn’t be able to open tomorrow. It couldn’t even wait til morning.

So I changed into casual clothes and dragged my tired old body down to the shop where I downloaded the app and set up the square reader ready to take payments tomorrow. Since we were already there, we spent some time removing the stock that we’d put in the treatment room while we’d rearranged things on Saturday.

Ninety minutes later, it was time to leave.

I had a tomato sandwich for dinner because that was all I was capable of preparing and it’s almost 9pm now and I want my bed.



I neeeeeeeeed sleeeeeeeeeep because it’s an early start for me tomorrow.

Nite all.

No comments: