Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, July 15, 2020

Clear Headed

It’s the first difference that I’ve noticed since changing my diet.

A clearer head.

Day 5 without refined sugar and day 4 of almost 100% paleo eating (using up the hash browns in the freezer and have one meal’s worth remaining).

Today’s nutrition:  lemon water, chicken broth, coffee, pumpkin & spinach muffin, lamb cutlets, broccoli, Brussels sprouts, hash brown, watermelon.

I didn’t actually eat any food until 3.30 this afternoon!

Oh and my nose has stopped running, so hopefully the sugar withdrawals have finished.

It was a good, long day at the shop, starting at 7.10am to prepare for meditation. Afterwards I got to spend an hour with The Gypsy while some of the meditation ladies brought coffee back to the training room for a catch up.

I had a visit from The Welsh Wonder who brought me another coffee and we chatted for about an hour between customers.

A delivery of stock and furniture arrived so I had fun unpacking that and setting up the new display counters in the arts and craft corner.

The man from the Men’s Shed came to verify the wording of my new arts and crafts sign and quoted me a very reasonable figure which I agreed to.

I received a phone call from a supplier about visiting the shop on Monday, so I’ll be having fun checking out some new clothes on my day off.

The monthly Telstra bill arrived so I immediately paid it.

It was a full, busy and productive day. I had the energy to do all the things and we didn’t close the shop until after the last customer left at 3.30pm.

Now it’s time to sleep.


Nite all.

No comments: