Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, July 17, 2020

A Touch Disappointing

I expected a couple of orders to arrive today, but alas it wasn’t to be.

This means that there will probably be four deliveries on Monday! Not only will I be having fun looking at new stock from my favourite supplier when he visits, I’ll have lots of new stock arriving while I do it!

Won’t next week be fun (and exhausting)?

It was another good day of sales with 50% of people walking through the door “just to browse” and the other half on a mission to purchase something from the new stock that already arrived this week.



















I started to create my first monthly newsletter to email out to my regulars at the end of this month, created yet more files, browsed through some catalogues that were emailed to me from new suppliers and made a wish list, gently reminded two other suppliers to stop sending emails to my old Happy Abode email address and checked off my weekly ‘to do’ list.

I have two things remaining on this week’s list - one of them being signage - MUST put the new signage up soon!

We closed the shop at 3pm and I cancelled my booking for attending the club tonight. It’s been a big week and my desire for gentle self care overrode my need for a social outing.

My nutrition today was very similar to the rest of the week:  lemon water, chicken broth, water, coffee, coconut yoghurt with banana, blueberries and strawberries. Chicken wings. Watermelon. More water.

I bought a big bag of snow peas and fresh snap peas from the wandering veggie man so they will be on the weekend menu. Yum.

The first job when I arrived home was to bathe psychotic dog Ruby and tend to her eye - I feel that this will be a permanent routine because she is not producing tears in that eye and it’s dry and mucky all the time. Not pleasant for her.

The time is drawing near for our Ruby. She’s deaf, almost blind, has allergies that require an injection every 6 weeks and then the problem with her eye. She still runs to me wagging her tail and looking for a pat when I arrive home from work, so all is not lost yet.

Footy is on tonight and I’m about to go to bed to watch my team lose (I predict) to West Tigers.

I slept very soundly for almost seven hours last night before my bladder so rudely woke me at 5.45am and then my alarm put an abrupt end to further sleep at 7am.

I look forward to the same sound slumber tonight.

Have a GREAT weekend everybody!

Oh and for anyone who was wondering ... my Melbourne family returned NEGATIVE results from their COVID-19 tests. 🥳🎊🎉

Nite all.

No comments: