Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, July 13, 2020

Much Improved

I woke this morning in a much improved physical and mental state.

It was 5.30am when I opened my eyes and listened to the sound of rain lightly falling on the plants outside the bedroom window. It was a pleasant way to start my day.

Adoring Husband brought my lemon water into the bedroom at about 6.30am and I had already begun writing the editorial for the local newsletter which I sent through to The Progress Association with my quarter page advertisement mid morning.

My next accomplishment was purchasing the domain name for Roz’s Happy Place so that I could design my business cards with my website address on them. Everything is now set and ready for me to create the website.

Next, I designed and ordered 500 business cards.

I also ordered some stock for Fathers Day!

At 11am AH and I drove to the shop fully intending to clear the training room, but the art was still very wet, so we cleared as much as possible and set up our morning coffee area for the girls on Tuesday.

I was certain that a delivery would arrive today, so we returned home for me to check the tracking and discovered that it had arrived in Maryborough at 1.30am which meant it would be delivered to the shop at 12:30pm.

Off we drove back to the shop and waited from 12:30 - 1pm to no avail.

Back home we came and were all relaxed on the couch when I received a phone call at 1:20pm from the delivery guy to say that he was at the shop.

Once again, back to the shop to take delivery of three boxes. He said he’d been very busy today, hence the late drop off.

I simply put the boxes in the training room and left. That will be my fun job tomorrow!

Meanwhile, in Victoria, Vegan Chickie, Prince of Perfection and Chicklet are not well and took themselves through the drive-in Covid testing site. It will take three to five days for them to get the results. Fingers crossed the result is negative, or if it’s not, may their illness be short lived.

At the other end of the family, Bubbles and Knight in Shining Armour have a new member to lavish their love upon ...


How cute is that?! Her name is Pebbles.

Number One Son is living his dream ...


AND they won their first game of the season on the weekend. He’s a bowler and got 1/19 off 5 overs, a catch and a run out. He’s a happy Chappy.

So aside from possible Covid, we have an engagement, a new puppy and a big sports win.

I’ve had a productive day and my nutrition intake has been:

Lemon water, filtered water, green juice, chicken broth, watermelon, salmon and salad, plain coconut yoghurt with blueberries. Oh and half a coffee.

Keeping on track and obviously feeling a little better for it.



Nite all.

No comments: