Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, July 14, 2020

Withdrawals

Day four without sugar and the withdrawals have started, which are unpleasant. So far, not as bad as the last time I quit sugar - runny nose and aching joints - similar to minor flu symptoms, but noticeably different.

I hope that it eases soon because people will be worried if I’m blowing my nose constantly!

I found a fantastic essential oil called Sinus Clear that provides instant relief when I apply it under my nose. I imagine it would work a treat in a diffuser - which I’ll try tomorrow.

The symptoms are simply my body attempting to release the toxins that have built up in the last 6 months of me eating Weiss bars every day, GF cookies, 2 or 3 coffees per day etc. I know it will be worth the sacrifice because I’ve proven that before.

Today’s nutrition intake was water, lemon water, chicken broth, coffee, blueberries, a blueberry smoothie (blueberries, wild blueberry powder, dragon fruit, banana, coconut yoghurt, coconut water and water), chicken curry with cauliflower rice.

I already feel my energy levels improved and my head is definitely clearer. Still a long way to go.

I enjoyed coffee with the girls this morning. There were six of us because a couple are away on holidays and one wanted to remain warm in bed (who can blame her!?).

Unpacking the three boxes of new stock was next on my priority list and that took a couple of hours between serving customers. It was a good sales day.

Adoring Husband helped me clear the training room of all the art and tables and rubbish from unpacking the new stock so that we could set up for meditation. Thank goodness I have him to help - I say that a lot don’t I? It’s true.

We left the shop at 3pm and I began preparing dinner straight away, which we ate early so that I could sit and watch my favourite TV shows while checking my emails and reading up on creating my new website.

It’s now rapidly approaching 11.30pm and I need to be up at 6am so I’d best sleep.



Nite all.

No comments: