Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, July 18, 2020

Best Day Ever

This will be a short post because it’s late and I’m tired.

Sales in the shop were surprisingly fabulous. I say surprisingly because sales were steady, but not overly busy all morning. I wasn’t expecting such a big total when I added up the takings!

We closed the shop right on 1pm and came home to put Ossobuco in the slow cooker. I had afternoon plans and didn’t want to cook afterwards.

I prepared a quacamole dip to take with me and mixed up a vodka and tonic - my first alcoholic drink in 4 months.

I met my girls at 4pm and had two hours of fun and frivolity, feeding our faces, sipping alcohol, laughing, joking, planning, venting, sharing, snorting and reminiscing.

It was the perfect afternoon for bonding girlie style.

Upon my return home I found a message from my newly engaged Vegan Chickie asking me if I was ready for surprise number two ...


It took her such a long time to fall pregnant the first time and she needed fertility drugs to do so, but this pregnancy happened almost instantly and now we have one very happy Melbourne family enjoying a double celebration!

I figure the speed with which she fell is the universe saying “this is right”.

The first time was overwhelmingly emotional for me, probably because of their struggle to get there, and of course being a first time grandmother is extremely special. This one feels very comfortable and calming.

Let’s hope COVID-19 takes a hike soon so that I can head to Melbourne and meet my future son-in-law before the wedding!



I spent the following hour telling all the important people.

Now I’m emotionally and physically exhausted lol so I’m off to sleep right on the stroke of midnight.

Nite all.

No comments: