Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, July 19, 2020

Sunday Done

This wasn’t my usual type of Sunday.

It was totally and completely unproductive.

No study, no planning, no ticking off the list, no writing, no checking emails, no reading, no work stuff, no nothing.

I did spend all day in my pyjamas but I think I was out of bed at about 9.30am because Adoring Husband wanted to watch the new Paul Hogan movie and I didn’t want to miss it.

It was a weird movie with some big names and an interesting lesson in mainstream media antics. Some strange but familiar characters, a couple of questionable story lines and a warm and fuzzy ending.

Don’t go out of your way to watch it.

My footy tipping this week was pretty dismal with only four out of eight correct.

I received a video of Chicklet finding out about becoming a sister. I’ve replayed it a hundred times and it makes me cry every time. She is so excited.

My nutrition today:  lemon water, chicken broth, water, coffee.

Lunch of bacon, baby spinach, mushroom, onion, snow peas, tomatoes, sauerkraut and leftover guacamole.


Dinner of eye fillet, cauliflower, broccoli, Brussels sprouts, snow peas and sweet potato followed by a juice of cucumber, celery, baby spinach, apple, mint, coconut water and water.

We watched the final of The Voice which was a disappointing result. I think the Hillsong Church may have used their numbers to bring it home for the winner. Yes, he is very talented and deserves success, but I thought others were better. Australia decided.

I’ve got a big day planned for tomorrow, putting up the remaining signage, cleaning the shop loo and vacuuming the carpets, washing the glass doors, taking some deliveries and meeting with a supplier.

Time for me to sleep (7.5 hours of sound sleep last night).

Nite all.

No comments: