Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, July 23, 2020

Slowed it Down

I took it a bit easier today.

The training room is now partially set up and I printed out some colour swatches ready for the workshop.

I did a little book work and served some customers.

It was another surprisingly good sales day and I say “surprising” because it rained for most of the day and for this neck of the woods it was quite chilly, so I expected the locals to stay indoors!

There were a lot of people out and about.

I mailed Bubbles’ birthday present and then realised I still had more at home that I should have added - I guess she will receive two parcels!

My nutrition for the day: lemon water, chicken broth, coffee. Lunch was coconut yoghurt with banana and blueberries. Dinner was a chicken thigh with sweet potato discs and mushrooms, cherry tomatoes, onion and baby spinach baked in butter and 2 tablespoons of liver pate stirred through. That was followed by a bowl of watermelon.

AH enjoyed dinner so that’s a bonus.

I’ve put some lamb shanks in the slow cooker which I will set aside for our dinner on Saturday night. Pretty sure I’ll be too exhausted after the art workshop to be spending extended time in the kitchen!

Adoring Husband and I watched a few episodes of a series on Netflix called ‘Good Witch’. It’s a nice easy show to watch. No brain power required and little to no heavy drama ... so far.



I’m off to bed to watch the footy now.

Nite all.

No comments: