Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, July 24, 2020

Jam Packed

Today was another full on, jam packed day.

Not in sales 😳

I set the training room up as best as I could, but still needed supplies, so a trip into The Bay was on my agenda.

My shopping list required visits to Office Works, Pialba Shopping Centre, Bunnings, Spotlight, Heaps Discounts and Coles.

While we were at Pialba, we visited Su Jus Bar (which made the closure announcement a couple weeks ago, but came back from the dead) where we bought a green juice and three sweet treats. Their sweets are GF, DF and refined sugar free, so I got a lime cheesecake slice, a rocky road slice and for Adoring Husband a raspberry muffin.

The universe took good care of me today because there was just one bottle of Floetrol left at Bunnings, the Elmers Glue-all was on sale from $23 down to $17 and even though the paint stocks were low at Heaps Discounts, they had all the colours that I needed.

I now need to fill two art workshops to get a return on what I spent for them today!

We left the shop at 2pm on the dot and returned to the shop at 5.30pm to pick up my laptop, iPad and cash tin.

My nutrition for the day: chicken stock, coffee, filtered water, J5 juice = pear, cucumber, celery, spinach, apple and lime. 6 king prawns mixed in mashed avocado, lemon juice, salt n pepper. Two chicken wings. Half a lime cheesecake slice and 1/3 of a rocky road slice.

All the running around this afternoon in the wet weather has worn me out so I need a good sleep to get me through my huge day of sales and art tomorrow.

I think I wore AH out because we came to bed 20 minutes ago and he is sleeping soundly beside me.

Big Happy birthday wishes to Bubbles who turned 36 today and to The Motivator who can be whatever age she chooses to be!

It’s a chilly evening and I’ve closed the bedroom window, but I must say that the rain has been very refreshing and I think we’ve had about 30mm.



Nite all.

No comments: