Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, July 21, 2020

Full Speed

I could NOT have fit another job or activity into today if I tried.

My comfortable shoes were far from comfortable by the end of the day because I barely sat down for a minute.

Morning tea sounded like it was great. Rebel Mardi made a surprise appearance and I think there were eight of us in attendance, but the customers came in earlier than usual and took my attention away. I was also distracted by the packages that were delivered.

The girls got some “first” and “second” dibs on the stock that came in and it was well after 11am when the last of them walked out the door.

In between serving a lot of customers, I unpacked, checked off, priced and displayed five deliveries.

I cleared the folding table behind the counter so that it could be removed and replaced with the new white table that finally arrived from Fantastic Furniture. It was only 6 weeks late.

I vacuumed the training room floor of all the tiny packaging mess so that I could set up the room for meditation.

I attempted to clear off my desk before leaving the shop - it’s my one constant - to come to work every morning with a clear desk to begin my day.

We arrived home at 3.40pm and I got changed and began preparing dinner. I knew if I sat down, there’d be no getting back up! So we were sitting down to dinner at 4.45pm!

I hung out a load of washing before coming to bed at 7.30pm where we watched Big Brother and now I’m writing this blog before the sweet allure of dream time sweeps over me.

My nutrition today:  lemon water, coffee, filtered water, chicken broth for lunch, lamb chop with broccoli, cauliflower, fresh snap peas, sweet potato, onion, garlic and bacon. A mandarin.



I need to sleep now because it’s an early start for meditation.

Nite all.

No comments: