Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, July 25, 2020

What was I Thinking?

A LOT of people came into the shop today but few were in a purchasing mood.

Luckily for me, the art workshop made up for it!

I stupidly gave the participants four technique options. What was I thinking?

Seven of them chose three different techniques, so this meant that I had to demonstrate all three techniques one after the other, very rapidly because we had to fit a practice piece in and then the main piece.

Prior to that, everybody had to mix their own pouring medium and then mix their own paint colours, so we fit quite a bit into 2.5 hours!











Needless to say, I was mentally exhausted by the end of the workshop.

Normally, the participants help clean up and wash all the tools and cups and cloths but when they headed to the kitchen, Adoring Husband had beaten them to the sink and said “No, it’s ok. I’m right.”

They asked “Are you sure?”

😳

Who was the dumb bunny who had to spend the next hour washing up and clearing the mess??

Me 😭

AH knows now, and filed it under “for future reference” that participants are supposed to help clean up the mess.

Poor AH copped a gob full from this tired little possum.

It was after 4.30pm when we arrived home and thank goodness I had already prepared the lamb shanks the night before and they were sitting in trays just waiting to be reheated. Straight into the oven! Easy peasy.

We watched two and a bit games of footy.

Ate blueberries and strawberries for dessert.

My nutrition for the day: lemon water, bone broth, coffee, watermelon, strawberries, leftover avocado and prawn mixture, literally two mouthfuls of leftover lime cheesecake, lamb shanks, onion, sweet potato, carrot, tomato, mushroom, blueberries, strawberries, banana, nuts. Water.

I forgot to mention the other night when I was talking about the benefits so far of my changed eating habits - I had dropped 1.5kgs after 10 days. A little more would be nice but I won’t be bothered if it doesn’t happen.

It’s after 11pm and I’m in need of sleep.

Nite all.

No comments: