Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, July 22, 2020

More Chilled

It was an incredibly interesting meditation this morning with The Gypsy going deep into a new discussion that we, as a group, requested a couple of weeks ago.

It inspired great discussion, created a fabulous energy in the room and the class went 15 minutes over time!

Afterwards some of the ladies bought coffee and returned to the training room to chat together, while The Gypsy and I sat at my desk for a catch up.

Just before TG left, my friend Aggie turned up to try on some clothes that she was looking at yesterday. She purchased her selections and then sat with me for a while. We had a good old chin wag  managing global problems, creating world peace and venting about important issues.

There were few customers today and they spent up big OR they lay praise thick and fast about the shop and how beautiful it is with a real ‘Zen’ energy - I can listen to that all day!

Adoring Husband picked up our FROG box from Craignish, unpacked it at home and arrived at the shop to help me close, but I put him to work setting up the tables for Saturday’s art workshop.

It was after 3.30pm when we drove home and Psychotic dog Ruby required my attention as soon as I walked in the door.

I got to sit down for an hour before it was time to prepare dinner. AH cooked on the barbecue while I  did the salad and the last of the hash browns.

Today’s nutrition:  lemon water, filtered water, coffee. Chicken broth for lunch. A raspberry and white chocolate muffin which I did not enjoy because it was tooooooo sweet, so I’m happy to remove that from any future menu. Dinner was 2 sausages with hash browns (I’m so sad to say goodbye to potato) baby spinach, cucumber, raw fresh snow peas, a cherry tomato, half an avocado, sauerkraut and onion. A mandarin for dessert.

Today was day 10 sugar free until that dastardly muffin and what changes have I noticed in my body?

The only reason I wake during the night is to empty my bladder and I am able to fall back into a deep sleep immediately. I’m averaging 7 hours a night. Prior to that I was averaging 4-5 hours of broken sleep.

I’ve had no gut pain for 6 days straight - I can’t eloquently express to you the relief I feel because the pain really was debilitating.

I have loads of energy, which I have not been using efficiently because I’m going and going and going until I can’t go any more. I hope to pace myself better in the future, take breaks and not push it so hard. Just because I’ve got the energy, doesn’t mean I have to use it all up!

I just realised that my joint pain in the mornings has gone. I still have joint pain when I get up off my lounge chair after sitting for an hour or more, so I will monitor that, but morning pain has gone.

That’s it for now. Continuing my health improvements.



Time to sleep or I’ll never fit my seven hours in!

Nite all.

No comments: