Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, July 20, 2020

Oopsy!

Sooooo tired ... again!

As much as I wanted to spend hours in bed, I was up and out the door by 10am.

We arrived at the shop and Adoring Husband attempted to repair a chair, vacuumed the floors and set up a table for my meeting with the supplier.

I cleaned the big sign on the fence and stuck the new sign over the logo, moved the displays from the front of the windows and then cleaned the glass so that I  put two new signs on the top panels. I put the displays back and rearranged the art and craft area.

I sent AH home in the middle of all that.

The supplier arrived a little early and I spent 2.5 hours going through all of his clothing lines. I had a budget but more than doubled it because I wanted it ALL! The beauty of it was that I could take it on the spot - no ordering - no shipping costs - no waiting.

I purchased two items for myself immediately ... that’s the advantage of owning the shop ... first dibs!

After the supplier left, I immediately banked all of my spare cash to cover my costs and picked up a delivery from the post office.

It took me thirty minutes to hang all of the new clothing, which I will price tomorrow.

AH took down the big table and set up the small one for morning tea with the girls.

I packed up all my goods and we came home at 3.30pm.

No rest for the wicked.

I had to bathe psychotic dog Ruby and tend to her eye, do two loads of washing and check my work emails.

My nutrition for the day:  lemon water, chicken broth, filtered water, coffee, chicken wings and a mandarin. Not much! I was too busy to eat and too tired to prepare anything for dinner. AH did the chicken wings.



It’s now 8.30pm and I’m feeling weary and ready for bed.

Nite all.

No comments: