Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, July 28, 2020

Not Enough Hours.

Adoring Husband and I arrived at the shop early enough to clear the training room and set up for morning tea with the girls but all of the larger art pieces were still very wet and trays beneath them were full of running wet paint.

All we could do was slide the tables to one side of the room and hope that an extra few hours would help them dry out.

This left enough room for our small table and some chairs for the girls.

I got to spend about an hour with them before the first customers took my attention. Any time is quality time with the girls, especially when the giggles start!

It was after 11am when I was left to my own devices.

I priced some pre-loved clothing and hung them in the shop, rearranged the new clothing displays so that more clothes would fit on the racks, did some filing, printed some paperwork, wrote some family mail and cleared the table behind the counter to put some of the still wet art out to dry.

AH arrived to help clear the training room, which was a fairly epic event in itself.

We rolled up the full silicone mats and propped them in buckets to catch the paint, then covered them with big garbage bags to stop them spilling in the car.

We moved all the wet art to safe positions where they were out of the way but still able to dry.

We folded the big wet plastic table protectors and put them in big bags to take home and clean.

AH folded the big tables and put them in their usual storage positions.

I vacuumed the floor and we arranged the chairs into their social distancing positions.

It was after 3.30pm when we left the shop.

AH immediately took all of the art paraphernalia outside to hose down and attempt to clean it.

I got changed, fed the dogs, hung out the washing and put another load in, prepared my clothes for tomorrow and then sat down for about 40 minutes before it was time to prepare dinner.

My nutrition for today:  lemon water, coffee, water, 2 chilli chicken wings, eye fillet steak with leftover sweet potato fritters and salad of mixed lettuce, cherry tomato, cucumber, pear, onion, beetroot, avocado and snow peas. Dessert was chocolate mousse made with avocado, coconut cream, coconut oil, dark chocolate, chocolate hemp powder, maple syrup and salt - strawberries and maple nut toffee ...



A lot of effort after a big day at work!

It’s almost 11pm and I have to be up before 6am tomorrow so I’m outta here.

Nite all.

No comments: