Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, July 29, 2020

Wicked

What a crazy day.

I was up bright and early in the chilly winter air to be at the shop for meditation at 7am.

It was a full house with three newbies and I had to pull a chair from my desk and sit in the doorway so that I could participate and keep the social distancing rules!

Afterwards some of the ladies got coffee and came back to the training room for a chat, while The Gypsy and I chatted at my desk. We have the deepest philosophical discussions and I always feel enlightened after our time together.

It was an average day of sales and I couldn’t help the man who wanted a beer glass or the lady who wanted a peak cap or the other lady who wanted clothes for an 18mth old.

Twice during the morning, different men came to explore the shop and left claiming that they would tell their wives. Maybe their wives will turn up tomorrow!

I posted a sign on the door explaining that I was closing early and left the shop at 1pm for a special date in The Bay. While I was there, i enjoyed a late lunch at the golf club, did some Christmas shopping and some clothes shopping and was home by 4pm. It was a most enjoyable afternoon.

My nutrition for the day was probably my worst in three weeks. Lemon water, water, coffee, GF Hawaiian pizza, more coffee, choc avocado mousse with frozen blueberries, strawberries, banana, coconut yoghurt and maple toffee.



That’s it for my day and I’m ready for sleep.

Nite all.

No comments: